This document is an electronic record. Being generated by a computer system it does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read these Terms carefully, as they form the entire agreement between You and Valeo. If you do not accept these Terms in its entirety, then you may not use the Site or Valeo App or our Services.
By accessing or using or submitting information on our Website or downloading or accessing or registering or making purchases on our App in any way or clicking on a button or taking similar action to signify your affirmative acceptance of these Terms, you hereby represent that:
- You have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Terms and any future updates and additions to these Terms, as published from time to time at the Website and Valeo App.
- You are of sound mind and at least of such minimum legal age as per the jurisdiction in which you reside, in order to form a binding contract with us. In case you are not of the age of majority as per the laws of the country that you reside in, then you must have the permission of your lawful guardian to use and access or use the Services.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
Description of Valeo’s Services
- The Valeo App helps Users to understand their health data by explaining any laboratory test results (“User Test Data”) in comprehensible language and information, with actionable lifestyle recommendations. User Test Data will be transferred to Valeo servers and not to any third party. Our certified Valeo “Health Coaches” will have access to this data to advise Users with actionable lifestyle recommendations accordingly. Users will also be able to chat and video with Health Coaches either through the free consultation or the Health Coach subscription services. Any User Test Data and other content uploaded and/ or manually added including chat or video by Users or Health Coaches in the Valeo App are hereinafter referred to as “Content”.
- We reserve the right to interrupt or discontinue the operation of any or all Services provided via the Valeo App at any time.
- The use of the Valeo App is free of charge. However, payments will be charged for tests and advice from the Health Coach. We reserve the right to change fees for the use of the Valeo App in the future.
Use of the Services
- You may use the Services without registration. However, if you do not register, you might not be able to fully enjoy all the benefits of all our services. By using the Valeo App, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- By using the Valeo App, you confirm that you are of at least 18 years of age, or such other age of majority as per the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you.
Accounts, Passwords and Security
- In order to use certain features of the App or Site, you must register for an account (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information, including the contact information, age, name and other information that you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Valeo App. Valeo may also suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with these Terms.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify Valeo of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Valeo cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
Permitted Use and Restrictions
- Allowed uses:
- Directions of Use: You must follow any and all guidelines or policies or directions of use as associated with each of the Services.
- Material: For the purposes of these Terms, “material” shall mean any text, video, graphics and sound material, published on the Website, Valeo App, whether a copyright of Company, its licensors or any third party. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the Website or App. You must not reproduce any part of Website or App or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or app or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated that you may do so.
- Restricted uses:
- You can’t impersonate others or provide inaccurate information. Also, you may not impersonate someone you aren’t, and you can’t create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
- You can’t raise or comment or write review on any political, racist or such other issue which effect’s a person, community or society.
- You can’t attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials of other users.
- You must not misuse or interfere with the Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use the Services only as permitted by law and as per the directions provided by us. Unless otherwise expressly stated, you may not access or reuse the Services, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose.
- You must not:
- republish material from this Website;
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website;
- show any material from the Website in public without our consent;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website (other than editing your own content as per the method provided);
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our Website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from the Website, except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution with our written consent and according to our terms;
- infringe or violate our Intellectual Property Rights or Intellectual Property Rights of our licensors or any third party;
- You must not use our Website or App in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use our Website or App to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Website, without our express written consent.
- We reserve the right to restrict your access to any areas of our Website or App, or indeed our whole Website or App, at our discretion.
You may be able to share your experience and provide a feedback for the Services used by you on our App. In such case, you shall provide your honest and true feedback and opinion. You agree not to post anything or perform any act that is deemed to be abusive, derogatory, political, immoral, unlawful, inappropriate, objectionable, or that infringes on any third-party rights.
- VALEO’s Rights: This Website, App, its content and Services shall remain the sole property of the Valeo. Your use of or access to this Website or App shall not in any way transfer or assign to you any ownership or other proprietary rights in or to this Website or App or any content published by Us or our licensors or third parties. This Website, App, Services, and its content, including but not limited to the trademark, logo, copyright, design, layout, typography, underlying HTML, Java scripts, text, audio clips, video clips and graphics, and in the expression of the information contained herein, whether as a compilation or otherwise is protected by relevant IP laws, rules and regulations. Trademarks, trade names and designs appearing on this Website or App are the exclusive property of, or are licensed to the Valeo and are protected. No use of a trademark, trade dress, trade name or design appearing on this Website or App may be made without the prior, written permission of the Valeo.
- Content published by You:
- The content or photo that you write or share may be protected by intellectual property laws. You own the intellectual property rights in any such content that you share on the Website or App. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
- However, to provide our Services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content of yours. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Services.
- You can delete account from our Services at any time.
- The User shall make sure that any Content which he or she uploads and/or adds to the Valeo App, complies with these Terms and does not contain any Prohibited Action as set out in the following section and does not interfere with the Valeo App or Services.
- Prohibited Actions
- The User shall use the Valeo App in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations, in a proper way and without violation or infringement of any third party rights (personal rights, copyrights, intellectual property rights, data protection rights etc.). Any inappropriate or illegal use is prohibited. It is in particular, without limitation, prohibited to:
- share Content that affects or infringes the rights of any third party, in particular personal rights, copyrights or other intellectual property rights, or is otherwise illegal;
- attack the Valeo App with a worm, virus, spyware, malware or by any other means; the User undertakes not to upload any information which, given its type or nature (e.g. viruses), size or reproduction (e.g. spamming, overloading, flooding, could interfere with the operation of the Services; and
- alter, manipulate, bypass, overload or interfere with the Valeo App and its underlying software and/or security systems.
User’s Warranties and Responsibilities
- The User alone is responsible for his or her use of the Valeo App and the Content (including his User Data). The User warrants that he or she will fully comply with these Terms and applicable law, and that he or she will use the Valeo App in accordance with these Terms only.
- The User warrants that all Content submitted to the Valeo App is true, accurate, and is in accordance with these Terms, all applicable laws and regulations and does not violate or infringe any third party rights (personal rights, copyrights, intellectual property rights, data protection rights etc.) or is otherwise illegal.
- Use of Data
- We may contact you via email if you send us a request as well as for purposes related to the use of the Service. We also use the information collected in order to improve and analyze your use of our Service and to ensure the technical functionality of our services fulfillment of contractual or pre-contractual obligations. Regarding the data processing based on wish to achieve the legitimate interests of quality insurance, marketing and fraud prevention.
- Health Data for the Use of the Valeo App. For the use of the Valeo App, you may enter certain biometric data, such as: height, weight, age etc. For the further use of the Valeo App you may enter more medical data depending on the way of your use of our Service, such as: medical history details, test results, information about lifestyle, conditions, medications taken, etc.
- You may change and delete these data any time within the Valeo App. All biometric, medical and further entered data will stay on the respective device of the User and will not be transferred to any third party and rather remain only on our secured servers.
Links to Third-party Sites
You agree to pay the fees for chargeable Services that you purchase, and you authorize us to charge your debit or credit card or process other means of payment for those fees. Company works with third party payment processing partners to offer you the most convenient payment methods and to keep your payment information secure.
If you are found to be degrading, tarnishing, maligning the image, goodwill or reputation of Valeo, by spreading hate, false, fake reviews or engaging in mala fide actions against the platform or against any other associates of the Company, strong legal actions will be taken immediately.
- WE ARE NOT A PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL SERVICE PROVIDER. IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK AND NEED ANY MEDICAL ATTENTION, WE WOULD SUGGEST YOU IMMEDIATELY CALL UP A DOCTOR OR SEEK MEDICAL HELP. WE AND OUR HEALTH COACHES DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE. IF YOU ARE FACING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL LOCAL EMERGENCY OR MEDICAL SERVICES IMMEDIATELY, OR VISIT THE NEAREST HOSPITAL URGENT CARE CENTER. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR PROVIDER BEFORE STARTING ANY NUTRITION, DIET, EXERCISE, FITNESS, MEDICAL, OR WELLNESS PROGRAM.
- We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will Company or Health Coaches or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
- We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions (including lockdowns).
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
THE WEBSITE/APP, SERVICES AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY THIS WEBSITE/APP ARE ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT:
(I) YOUR REQUIREMENTS WILL BE MET OR THAT SERVICES PROVIDED WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE;
(II) MATERIALS, INFORMATION OBTAINED AND RESULTS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (III) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE/APP, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS WILL BE CORRECTED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY RELATED TO USER CONTENT ARISING UNDER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, LIBEL, PRIVACY, PUBLICITY, OBSCENITY OR OTHER LAWS. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE MISUSE, LOSS, MODIFICATION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY USER CONTENT.
THE USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE/APP IS DONE ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THEY WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR. WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU WHETHER ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, HEALTH COACHES, LABORATORIES OR THIRD PARTIES.
Exceptions and Limitations
- We do not make any representation or warranty as to the quality or value of the services offered on the App, or availability of Health Coaches. We shall not be liable for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of our platform or Health Coaches or Laboratories or any third parties.
- While we carry out background checks and verifications on all our Health Coaches, you understand and acknowledge that we do not endorse, recommend, warrant or guarantee to qualifications, expertise, claims or background of any Expert, or any service, advice, opinion, recommendation provided by a Health Coach. Nothing contained in these Terms, the App or Website or on any third-party site shall be considered as an endorsement, recommendation, referral, verification, warranty or guarantee with respect to (a) any Health Coach; (b) the App or Website or (c) any service, advice, opinion, recommendation made available via the Website or App or (d) the validity, accuracy, availability, completeness, safety, legality, quality or applicability of any information made available via the App or Website.
- You acknowledge that there will be occasions when the Website or App may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment.
- You agree that we are not responsible for, and does not endorse, user content posted within the Website or App. We do not have any obligation to pre-screen, monitor, edit, or remove any user content. If your user content violates these Terms, you shall be solely responsible for any legal consequences with respect to such user content.
- We reserve the right to remove any user content from the Website for any reason, without prior notice. User Content removed from the Website may continue to be stored by us, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. We will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Website or App, or the loss of any User Content.
- We may, without prior notice, change the App or Website, stop providing the App or the Website or certain features of the App or Website, to you or to Users generally, or create usage limits for the Website or App. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Website or App, or delete any User Content without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of these Terms. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by these Terms.
You acknowledge to defend, indemnify and hold Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, and any other licensors (hereinafter referred to as “Indemnified Party”) harmless from and against any claim, disputes, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by a third party, relating to, or arising from:
- Your violation of any third-party right;
- Your wrongful or improper use of the Services;
Your If we determine that you have breached our Terms or Policies, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- Governing Law: The Terms and any dispute arising from the same will be governed by applicable law of United Arab Emirates.
- Dispute Resolution:
- If in case, any controversy, conflict or dispute of any nature arises between the User or third party and the Company in connection with the provisions of these Terms, or out of or relating to or in connection with the use of Website or App or Services, the parties shall spend at least 15 days to try and use all means to amicably resolve that dispute or conflict or controversy.
- If however, the attempt to settle such a dispute amicably fail, then such controversy, conflict or dispute between the User or third party and Company, shall be referred to and finally settled by a binding expedited Arbitration, to be headed over by a sole Arbitrator, who is to be appointed by the Company. The language of the Arbitration proceeding (including that of any documents to be submitted therein) shall be English and the seat of Arbitration shall be Dubai, UAE.
- Any challenges or other disputes to the Arbitration clause mentioned above shall be brought before the applicable courts in the Dubai, UAE.
We may give notice by means of a general notice via electronic mail to your email address as available with Us. If You want to give a notice to Us, You can do so by dropping an electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement: The Terms, together with any additional terms and conditions incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire Agreement between Company and You, relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understanding or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on our Website.
- Updates to these Terms: We may add to or change or update these Terms at any time, from time to time, entirely at its own discretion, with or without any prior written notice. You are responsible for checking these Terms periodically. Your use of the Site after any amendments to the Terms shall constitute your acceptance to such amendments.
- Grievance redressal/Complaints
Feedback and Information
We welcome your questions or comments regarding the Terms. You can write to us via email: email@example.com.
Last updated on May 23, 2021.